MEET OUR INSTRUCTORS
Head Master Patrick Tatevossian
Founder of the Iron Fist Martial Arts Academy, Master Patrick Tatevossian has been teaching Tae Kwon Do for over 25 years and currently holds the rank of Head Master, 5th Degree Black Belt. With over 33 years of martial arts experience, Master Patrick has competed and achieved gold medals in dozens of competitions. Among his many awards and accomplishments, Master Patrick has won 3 U.S. Regional Championships. He has also appeared in a martial art video short with 7th Heaven's David Gallagher, and in a martial art music video with singer Javelyn. Aside from his many personal achievements, Master Patrick's most valued achievement is his success in training hundreds of students, including a winning Junior Olympic Tae Kwon Do competition team.
Using his knowledge of various Martial Arts disciplines; such as: Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Hap Ki Do, Aikido, Judo, Japanese and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, Muay Thai/Kickboxing, and Krav Maga; Master Patrick has successfully designed a Martial Art program that unites the earliest traditions of Tae Kwon Do with the principles and techniques of today's most effective styles. Achieving a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology with an emphasis in Child Development, Master Patrick's unique teaching method emphasizes positive reinforcement and self-confidence to insure the positive growth and well-being of his students.
Master Patrick's Rank/Designation is certified by Kukkiwon, the World Tae Kwon Do Federation Headquarters in South Korea. Having received some of the best Martial Arts training, Master Patrick's mentors have been Grand Master Hyun Jik Shin, Master Charles Young Shin, Gene Lebell, Gokor Chivichyan, and Master Ken Nagayama.
Master Tatevossian being presented with his 5th Degree Black Belt in traditional Tae Kwon Do.
Master Yves Marotta
• 4th Degree Black Belt Tae Kwon Do
• 1st Degree Black Belt Judo
• 1st Degree Black Belt Kenpo
• 50+ years of martial arts training
• Master Instructor
• Trained in various martial arts styles including: Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Hapkido, Aikido, Kenpo, Close Combat Military Training, Weapons
• Close-Combat and Weapons Specialist
• Won several regional martial arts competitions
• French Special Forces Veteran
• Father of two Iron Fist Students
• 3rd degree Black Belt
• 14+ years of martial arts training
• Chief Instructor
• Poomse (Forms) Specialist
• Highly Knowledgeable in traditional Tae Kwon Do Techniques, principle, and history
• Husband to an Iron Fist Black Belt